Photobucket

Monday, July 5, 2010

When I decided it was too late, I was already addicted!

Mr Edward CullenImage by Ezyan Y. via Flickr


Many of you know I graduated from LSU with an English Literature degree. My ex-husband graduated with a degree in creative writing. He was pursuing advanced degrees in English, so it was our duty to only read literary masterpieces, right?! Well, that's how I felt. No silly shows, movies, books, and definitely NOT TWILIGHT...GASP!!

As I've come to find out about myself my dive into the absurd seems to contain alot of pretty immortals, like Legolas from Lord of the Rings, Will Turner from Pirates of the Carribean,and eventually Edward. I think I like the immortal because he can't leave me (at least not from cancer or anything) :) Beautiful, non-stinky, protects you from an army of thousands, what's not to love?

Then, back to my Edward. Oh Edward. As I mentioned in a previous post, his immediate draw was that he was a perfect gentleman. He wanted to take care of Bella; hold doors for her, protect her, guard her with his life. I'd never had that before and more than the fact that he is gorgeous I just wanted that old-fashioned gentleman. Forget all the "men and women are equal" crap and that I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself, Edward gave me hope that real men, polite men, the ones that wanted to take care of their woman and their families still existed.

When I saw New Moon in theaters I still hadn't read the books. It was all over then. I started the series and was done in 5 days. I stayed up until three in the morning. I sobbed so hard through parts that I couldn't continue reading until I had calmed down. I got up and worked the next day looking forward to the end of the day so I could read again until 3am.

Now I've read the series six times and I still cry through my favorite parts. I'll start posting them as I read through the series again. So much for "serious literature". Not that it doesn't have its place, but how many times can you say a book changed your life?

OH WELL...CALL ME CRAZY!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment