Photobucket

Sunday, July 4, 2010

My First Twilight Experience

I'm usually late on the bandwagon to catch onto trends. It wasn't even a year ago that I decided I should watch this "Twilight" thing and see what all the buzz was about. I've seen it so many times now, it's difficult to remember my initial impression, but I do remember being drawn in by the washed-out colors Catherine Hardwicke used. The other-worldliness of Forks made me feel like I was already in a fantasy. I also never understood RPattz fever until Edward made his entrance and then, OMG...I was a believer! The eyes! The hair! WOW!!!!!!

 What about the scene with just his eyes when Bella has the flashback of him glaring at her?! I instantly understood the draw. Rescue scenes...total knight in shining armor. Kissing scene...I lost my breath. The meadow scene was magic to me. At the time, I didn't even know it was Stephanie's inspiration for the series, but how could something so seemingly innocent, be so romantic and touching? The longing between Bella and Edward was so intense.

So when people ask me, "You like that vampire series?!" I almost do a double take. It's more about romance. It's about a perfect gentleman who has waited an eternity to meet the love of his existence. Every girl should wait for her Edward, and every Edward should wait for his Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment